8 ways to boost your mood
On some days, staying upbeat and in a positive frame of mind can seem like a difficult task. You may have had a stressful day at work, heard some bad news, had an argument with someone close to you, or simply had an off day. Whatever the cause, you’re definitely not alone – it’s a part of the human psyche and even the most positive people we know are affected by a low mood at some point.
And it’s no wonder bad moods can sneak up on us so often. According to psychologist Guy Winch, author of the book Emotional First Aid: Healing Rejection, Guilt, Failure, and Other Everyday Hurts, a bad mood can be caused by anything from guilt over forgetting someone’s birthday, to outstanding tasks on our to-do list, to not getting enough likes on a personal or important Facebook share. Basically, humans are sensitive creatures, and it’s not abnormal or even uncommon for little things to get us in a funk.
Who is affected by poor mood and what is depression?
Almost everyone goes through bad moods at some point in time. But when the blues don’t go away, you might wonder if you are truly depressed. Because depression has clearly defined symptoms, however, there’s a way to figure out if this is the case.
Depression is diagnosed when a person experiences five or more specific symptoms for more than two weeks. These include feelings of sadness and loss of pleasure in activities you once enjoyed, changes in appetite that cause weight loss or gain, sleeping too little or too much, feeling tired all the time, having difficulty concentrating and making decisions, and feeling angry and irritable.
People with depression might also have feelings of worthlessness or guilt, unexplained physical pain like headaches or backaches, and thoughts of death or suicide.
“Everyone has bad days, the normal ups and downs of life where you feel better the next day, but depression is ongoing,” says Dr David Hellerstein, a psychiatry professor at Columbia University Medical Center in the U.S. “People who have major depression have it for a lot more than two weeks; usually months or years,” Dr. Hellerstein says.
Not everyone experiences depression in the same way. Women suffering from depression often report feeling sad, while men with depression may be more likely to be irritable and aggressive, according to the Mayo Clinic. Depression in children can include clinginess, worry, and a desire to stay home from school. Teens may get angry, engage in self-harm and withdraw socially. Older adults may experience memory problems and personality changes.
8 ways to lift mood naturally
Simple lifestyle changes can significantly boost your mood. These include exercising regularly, avoiding the urge to isolate yourself, eating healthy food and making enough time for rest and relaxation. Other coping mechanisms include:
- Get a little sunlight every day. Sunlight can help lift your mood – aim for at least 15 minutes each day.
- Talk face-to-face about your feelings to someone. Share what you’re going through with the people you love and trust and ask for the help and support you need.
- Be sociable. Try to keep up with social activities even if you don’t feel like it. When you’re feeling blue, it feels more comfortable to retreat into your shell. But being around other people can help bring you out of a bad mood.
- Get up and moving. Studies show that regular exercise can be as effective as antidepressant medication at lifting mood. You don’t even have to hit the gym. A 30-minute walk each day will give you a much-needed boost.
- Aim for 8 to 9 hours of sleep. Bad mood and depression can often involve sleep problems. Whether you’re sleeping too little or too much, your mood suffers. Get on a better sleep schedule by learning healthy sleep habits.
- Practice relaxation techniques. A daily relaxation routine can help relieve poor mood and symptoms of depression, reduce stress and boost feelings of joy and wellbeing. Try yoga, deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, or
- Find purpose. Dedicating time to a meaningful activity improves mood, reduces stress and keeps you mentally sharp. The activity can be as simple as taking up a new hobby or volunteering your time. You worry less about the ache and pain in your own life when you move your focus to a new interest.
- A doctor may prescribe mood tablets if bad moods transition into depression. These work to reduce or take away the symptoms and are usually taken for up to a year. Like all medications, antidepressants can have negative side effects, including insomnia, sleepiness, nausea, weight changes and sexual problems.
6 reasons why Herbal Ignite is a good natural choice for helping lift mood
Here are some of the benefits of using good quality positive mood capsules like Herbal Ignite:
- Improved mood and emotions.
- Reduced stress and anxiety levels.
- Better concentration and energy levels.
- Increased productivity and physical and mental performance.
- Better quality sleep.
- Improved health.
How Herbal Ignite for Men and Women helps lift mood
Herbal Ignite for Men and Women are over-the-counter dietary supplements taken daily with food. They help boost energy levels and relieve fatigue and stress in both men and women. Herbal Ignite for Men also increase men’s health and libido, boosts testosterone levels and improves nerve function and genital blood flow. Herbal Ignite for Women supports pre-menstrual tension and menopause, helps restore hormone levels to a healthy balance and improves libido.
Herbal Ignite for Men
The three key herbs in Ignite for Men – Tribulus Terrestris, Horny Goat Weed and Avena Sativa – have been used in traditional medicine for centuries to rejuvenate men’s sexual and hormonal health. The herb Tribulus Terrestris, in particular, has also been found to naturally boost testosterone levels and is available in capsule form in herbal supplements like Herbal Ignite.
In the last 30 years, the traditional use of these herbs has been supported by some scientific studies, but there is still a lot we don’t understand about how exactly the active ingredients in these herbs work.
- Tribulus Terrestris lifts testosterone levels and improves sexual activity and muscular strength. It also generates male energy, confidence and stamina and men using Herbal Ignite report an improved sense of wellbeing. While Tribulus Terrestris supports and assists the body’s natural production of testosterone it should be clearly understood that it is not a hormone supplement. By promoting the production of the body’s own hormones, it works only within the body’s natural limits to help men achieve their strength and muscular potential. Tribulus Terrestris will not cause the body to indefinitely produce increasing amounts of testosterone – rather, it balances natural hormone levels.
- Horny Goat Weed increases desire and sexual performance. The active ingredients in this herb are PDE-5 inhibitors, which increase blood flow to the penis and help with better erections.
- Avena Sativa relieves stress and increases sexual desire. Many men notice a decline in sex drive and sexual strength because of the effects of stress and long working hours; this herb helps counter the effects of our tough modern lifestyle.
Get Herbal Ignite for Men Special: Buy 2 bottles and get 2 FREE!
Herbal Ignite for Women
Herbal Ignite for Women contains four key ingredients:
- Damiana is the key fatigue and stress fighter in Herbal Ignite for Women. Known as the ‘ultimate feel good herb’ for women, it combats fatigue, relaxes the body, reduces stress and anxiety, lifts mood and enhances sexual response. It also helps balance female hormone levels, control hot flushes and is renowned for its libido enhancing qualities.
- Dong Quai is known as ‘the women’s herb’ or ‘female ginseng’ because it is recognised in traditional Asian medicine as an excellent all-purpose women’s herb. It is used to calm nerves, relieve anxiety and mood swings, aid in the treatment of various skin conditions, promote youthfulness, reduce stress and is also considered effective in treating cancer. It also helps restore hormonal balance, improve menstrual regularity and relieves PMS and hot flushes.
- Tribulus Terrestris is a general tonic that balances hormone levels, boosts vitality and sense of wellbeing and supports reproductive and sexual health. It also supports sex drive, ovulation and reproduction.
- Horny Goat Weed has been used in traditional medicine as an aphrodisiac to increase libido, improve sexual response and function and create a feeling of wellbeing during menopause. Horny Goat Weed has been used since ancient times to promote physical and mental energy. It stimulates libido by enhancing sexual response and orgasm, relieves symptoms associated with PMS and menopause, balances hormones, relieves stress and aids in the treatment of osteoporosis. Horny goat weed contains a flavonoid called Icariin that assists to increase nitric oxide levels relaxing genital muscles in men and women, promoting erections and orgasms. Horny goat weed influences the stress hormone cortisol to help relieve stress.
Herbal Ignite has been used successfully by thousands of men and women in New Zealand and Australia to help beat stress and fatigue, boost libido and sexual satisfaction. It is 100% natural and free of unpleasant side effects. It is made in New Zealand to the highest standards, with thorough testing and guarantees of no adulteration or undeclared ingredients.
Get Herbal Ignite for Women Special: Buy 2 bottles and get 1 FREE
Disclaimer. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not substitute for the advice provided by your medical professional. Always seek specific medical advice for treatment appropriate to you. Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.
Comments will be approved before showing up.