The School of Information at San José State University is the founding sponsor of the Library 2.0 conference series, a partnership we have had for 12 years. Please consider attending their free upcoming symposium.
The SJSU School of Information is pleased to present the School Library Summit. This webcast is free to attend and will be recorded. Register to attend!
I. Welcome and Introductions (10:00 – 10:05 a.m. Pacific Time)
- Anthony Chow, Director and Professor, SJSU School of Information; Co-Chair of ALISE DDC
- Sanda Erdelez, Interim Dean and Professor, College of Organizational, Computational and Information Sciences, Simmons University; Co-Chair of ALISE DDC
II. Keynote Address (10:05 – 10:55 a.m. Pacific Time)
- Keith Curry-Lance, Consultant and School Library Researcher
- Kathy Lester, AASL President
III. Panel 1 (10:55 – 11:30 a.m. Pacific Time): What does an ideal school library look like and how do we best prepare and educate school librarians to create and run them?
- Karen Gavigan, PhD
- Jonathan Hunt, MLIS
- Kathy Carroll, Past AASL President
IV. Panel 2 (11:30 – 11:55 a.m. Pacific Time): What specific action can be taken to change the direction we are heading in for school libraries?
- Debra Kachel
- Sylvia Knight Norton, AASL Executive Director
- Patty Wong, ALA Past President
- Lessa Pelayo-Lozada, ALA President
- Keith Curry-Lance
V. Concluding Remarks (11:55 a.m. – Noon Pacific Time) – Drs. Anthony Chow and Sanda Erdelez
The webcast will be recorded for future on-demand viewing.
Individuals requiring real-time captioning/closed captions or other accommodations should contact Sue Alman as soon as possible.