“Porn and Patrons in the Library: What to Do About a Vexing Issue”
Part of the Library 2.0 Series with Dr. Steve Albrecht
Male patrons watching pornographic videos or looking at photos–it may be a small problem in your library or it may be a big problem, but either way, it’s a concern that needs addressing. Let’s talk about how you can address it, safely, discreetly, and legally.
This 60-minute training webinar is presented by Library 2.0 and hosted by ALA author and library service, safety, and security expert, Dr. Steve Albrecht.
- Why do men watch porn in the library? (A serious inquiry.)
- To filter or not to filter, that is the question.
- Porn on the patrons’ devices versus ours?
- Handling patron complaints.
- Keeping minors away from porn exposure.
- How can our technology help us?
- The real problem of escalating sexual behavior for library porn watchers.
- Best practices for safe staff interventions.
- When does porn watching become a police issue?
- Help from your local ICAC task force.
DATE: Friday, July 15, 2022, at 2:00 pm US – Eastern Time
- $99/person – includes any-time access to the recording and the presentation slides and receiving a participation certificate. To arrange group discounts (see below), to submit a purchase order, or for any registration difficulties or questions, email [email protected].
- FREE for those on individual or group all-access passes (see below).
TO REGISTER: Click HERE. You will first need to be a member of Library 2.0 (free) and be logged in. Please click “Sign Up” on the top right and we’ll approve you quickly. You can pay by PayPal or credit card, and will receive immediate and permanent access to the webinar recording. If you have any trouble registering for a webinar, if you need to be invoiced, or if you have any questions, please email [email protected]. NOTE: please check your spam folder if you don’t receive your confirmation email right away.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES (email [email protected] to arrange):
- Multiple individual log-ins and access from the same organization paid together: $75 each for 3+ registrations, $65 each for 5+ registrations.
- The ability to show the webinar (live or recorded) to a group located in the same physical location or in the same virtual meeting from one log-in: $299.
- Large-scale institutional access for viewing with individual login capability: $499 (hosted either at Library 2.0 or in Niche Academy).
- All-access annual passes include access to the recordings of all of Dr. Albrecht’s previous Library 2.0 webinars, plus live and recorded access to his new webinars for one year. These are hosted either at Library 2.0 or Niche Academy (if preferred).
- For a $499 individual all-access annual pass to all of Dr. Albrecht’s live webinars and recordings for one year, please click here.
- Inquiries for all-access organizational contracts should be directed to [email protected].
Since 2000, Dr. Steve Albrecht has trained thousands of library employees in 28+ states, live and online, in service, safety, security, and supervision. His programs are fast, entertaining, and provide tools that can be put to use immediately in the library workspace with all types of patrons. In 2015, the ALA published his book, Library Security: Better Communication, Safer Facilities. He is currently writing the sequel, The Safe Library: Keeping Users, Staff, and Collections Secure, for Rowman & Littlefield.
Steve holds a doctoral degree in Business Administration (D.B.A.), an M.A. in Security Management, a B.A. in English, and a B.S. in Psychology. He is board-certified in HR, security management, employee coaching, and threat assessment.
He has written 24 books on business, security, and leadership topics. He lives with six dogs, two cats, and three chickens. (Not all in the same room, of course.)